THE DOUGLASS WELLS PROJECT
"Power concedes nothing without a demand,
It never did and it never will.
Our destiny is largely in our hands."
"The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.
The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press."
Ida B. Wells
JOIN US - GET INVOLVED
LATEST NEWS & UPDATES
TDWPTV: Claiming Our Time - June 22, 2022
TDWPTV: Make It Plain - June 22, 2022
TDWPTV: Speak Truth To Power - June 22, 2022
The Douglass Wells Project, a pro-democracy advocacy group formed by C. B. Productions, fights for the basic rights of people of color. Built upon the guiding principles and accomplishments of two luminary civil rights activists, Frederick Douglass and Ida B. Wells, the project has undertaken the following mission:
- To hold elected officials accountable for policy decisions that significantly affect the lives of citizens of color
- To inform people of color on issues that shape outcomes in their lives in areas such as the arts, economics, education, entertainment, labor, law, politics, and religion
- To recognize, acknowledge, and pay tribute to people of color, living or dead, who made significant contributions and gave their lives in service to society
Our goal is to embrace Sojourner’s strength and character to achieve our vision, and we will do so by:
- Advocating for the values of people of color
- Telling counter narratives to sources that do not have the interest and needs of people of color in mind
- Informing people to stand up and speak out for voting rights
- Speaking truth to power